MW Medieval Warfare volume VI issue 6 December-January 2017. Журнал про историю средневековья (английский язык).
Medieval Warfare VI.6 with the German Peasants' Revolt.
Hundreds of thousands of peasants rise up to overthrow the elites of 16th-century Germany. Will they succeed? This issue covers the German Peasants War, a massive rebellion that took place in the years 1524 to 1525. It’s a story of terror and tragedy, as well as of war leader who had an iron hand. Read also about why forest management was important to warfare, and the interesting story of a medieval weapon that never existed.
Theme: The German Peasants' Revolt
- Kelly DeVries, 'A look at the German Peasants' Revolt - Lucifer and his angels'.
- Erich B. Anderson, 'Landsknechts in the German Peasant armies'.
- Jean-Claude Brunner, 'The Prince-Archbishop vs. the people - The Siege of Salzburg'.
- Sidney E. Dean, 'Götz von Berlichingen, reluctant leader - Knight of the Iron Hand'.
- Iason-Eleftherios Tzouriadis, 'Anti-war propaganda in the 16th-century - Death, violence & sex'.
- Murray Dahm, 'Engels on the German Peasants' War - Through modern eyes'.
- Danny Lake-Giguere, 'Royal forests during the Hundred Years War - Seeds of war'.
- Paul B. Sturtevant, 'The medieval weapon that never existed - The military flail'.
- Murray Dahm, 'Silent, unwashed and downtrodden - Peasants on film'.